Friday, June 6, 2008

Made it home Wednesday night only about 1 1/2 hours later than scheduled. The flight from Seattle to Nashville was roller coaster all the way. Late landing. They were holding the plane for several of us going on to Baltimore. Shouldn't have hurried. We sat for 1 3/4 hours for weather in Maryland. Turned out they had hail and tornadoes. I was just grateful they eventually decided to go. Question? Why was my luggage the last off the plane when it was put on at the last minute?

The yarn is from a stupendous store in Portland called Dublin Bay. I had no room in my bag so didn't buy all I wanted. The blue is Fleece Artist "Suri Blue" 50/50 alpaca/ BFL. 600m, 100g. The other 2 are HandMaiden Angel Hair. 70/30 mohair/nylon. 400m/50g. also obtained a cone of cotton blend at Yarntopia in Portland, some Tiur at Canvasworks in Olympia and 2 Japanese stitch dictionaries at the Japanese bookstore in Seattle. Finished 3 sock cuffs and 1 spindled 220 yard skein of laceweight Falkland. Not used to the spindle anymore, very hard on my hands. The rest will be done on the wheel and hopefully come out similar.

This was the first time I'd been out there when the rhododendrons peaked. Everywhere giant pink puffballs. Not much else in the way of flowers where I was staying but did walk by a few nice gardens in Olympia. A few poppies waited for me at home. They'll be gone with the 100 degree heat we're expecting.






1 comment:

Susan T-O said...

I ran into that same "no room in the suitcase" problem at a fiber festival in Virginia. Solved it by shipping it home parcel post :-)